I am completely overwhelmed. I have the SMALLEST room in my parents house, and the baby things have suddenly taken over. I had everything under control before the baby shower, but now? I've had to start moving things up into the attic to store! I REALLY can't wait to move to our next location and have the baby in his own room, so I can keep his stuff contained and out of my way. I have 6 drawers FULL of baby clothing (newborn to 6 months) and other important items. I have TWO storage containers full of baby clothes, one is newborn to 6 months, the other is 6 to 9 months. I have TWO strollers, TWO carseats, a swing, a bouncer, a baby bath, and a play mat... just kind of... hanging out in various corners of the house waiting for a permanent home to be found. I have probably a month supply of diapers hanging out under the crib with wipes and baby bath stuff, and a pile of baby blankets resting in the corner of my room. I have GOT to get this under control.
Don’t get me wrong, I’m INCREDIBLY thankful for the amazingness that is my family and friends, because without them- I’m not sure what I would have done. 90% of Mj’s stuff is hand-me-downs, that are in GREAT condition, so I’ve had to buy very little. On top of the amazing gifts I got at my shower, I’m 99% set. There’s still a few non-crucial items I’d like to get before the baby gets here, but again, it’s not a huge deal. I can’t even explain to everyone how wonderful my friends (mainly megan haha) have been in this. It’s nice to have a baby last. :D
On a separate note, the baby shower went really really well. I was very worried, because there was some SERIOUS drama at our wedding. (A fist fight;;; I wish I was kidding) But all in all it seemed that everyone contained their feelings and let me have a semi-relaxing day. Well, as relaxing as you can have with your mother FREAKING OUT because the house isn’t spotless.
I miss Hawaii. I never thought I’d say that, but I do. I don’t miss how far away it was from my family and friends, and how expensive it was to fly home to visit… but I miss driving home from work and seeing rainbows and palm trees. I miss taking the dogs to the beach on the weekends. I miss having my own house, and not having to live with my parents. I miss the local grindz, I miss eating steamed rice with EVERY meal. But most of all I miss the attitude. Here, mainland, people get mad so much easier. In Hawaii, the majority of people are relaxed and easy going, and there’s this sense of calm that seems to envelope the islands. Maybe when our children are older, we’ll put in a request to go back. But until then, it’s time to move on and move to our next base! Hopefully we’ll find out where that is soon!
1 comment:
I WANT Hawaii. NOW!!! No more of this Fort Drum business
Post a Comment