Here's a picture of how he was laying, I had to "illustrate" it because my husband couldn't see what he was supposed to be looking at.

First up, his profile. It's not a GREAT shot, but it's the best we could do today. Hopefully we get better shots later!
Then here's a shot of the "proof" that he's still a boy!
In other news, I really think I’m dealing with some depression. I’ve been spending the past week and a half just, laying in bed. I need to get out and do something, but I really can’t find the drive. I’m hoping that once Michael actually GETS overseas that I’ll be able to pull myself out of this funk. Because he’s REALLY not helping at all. I can't really describe the feeling that well, but anyone who suffers from depression knows what I mean. The feeling when you wake up in the morning, and despite the wonderful beautiful weather, just want to crawl back into bed and sleep for the rest of the day. I know this isn't healthy for me, or for the baby, but I can't seem to pull myself out of it. It's not like I cry every day, or break down frequently... but its just a general feeling of "blah". Someone asked me last year what "depression" felt like, and I told them "gray, a canvas painted gray" and that's exactly it. It's a black and white picture where you THINK you can see the blue in someone's eyes or the green of the grass... but when you look closely all you see is gray.
At least I have these reassuring kicks in my belly to keep me grounded. Otherwise? I think I might slip too far back. It's easier for me when the baby kicks and I can focus on the fact that it's not about me anymore. When I'm depressed, the baby isn't in the healthiest of environments; so I have to snap out of it!
I really think that being a mother, will be good for me. As selfish as it is, it'll give me something beautiful to wake up to every morning. :D
2 comments:
i hope that you start to feel better! im prayin for you!
Sorry for the testing post...wasn't sure it would work.
However-I can relate to your depression experience. It's been a hard year!!! I actually use blogging as therapy. I hope you find it as uplifting & rewarding as I have. Being a mom means you will have to take care of yourself first in order to give all you've got. Sounds like you have a good perspective on that. Take care!
Post a Comment