I quit my job.
The stress was slowly killing me, and I've been working since I landed on the rock. I haven't had a chance to do so many of the things that I wanted to do when I got here, and it's almost too late. I haven't even see the USS Arizona for goodness sakes! I'm leaving the island in about a month to move back in with my parents while Michael deploys... so I need to do all of my touristy things before I'm gone for good.
I know I'll regret this at some point, but I can't wait to move off this island. I want to be somewhere cold, and dreary; and yes, I know that's a strange request. I can't wait to get on the road, and just drive. To have 3 or 4 different ways to get from Point A to Point B, and to choose to avoid the highway if my little heart desires. I can't wait to have REAL mexican food, and spend time with my family.... because when 2010 rolls around, we're going to be shipped off to another corner of the country. Our little family, baby makes three.
It's hard to pick up and move again, It's going to be the 4th time I've moved across country in 2 years. I feel homeless. I know that's not true, I'll always have a home. But when you're not in one place long enough to even attempt to put down roots, it's easy to feel like you're wandering with no sense of direction.
I just want to be stationary for a few years.
That's all I ask.
Be somewhere where Michael and I can watch our child learn to walk, and play, and grow. Have a home with sturdy walls and no horrible Hawaii bugs.
My next dream is to actually BUY a home, so we don't have to deal with insane neighbors....
but at this point... just living off base would suffice!
On the upside, I'm 10weeks and 4days.
I'm starting to feel semi-better; or at least learning how to manage the sickness.
I'm still not eating like I should be, but I can't seem to eat a small meal... let alone 4 or 5 small meals a day.
Hopefully it gets better.
As long as the exhaustion goes away, everything will be just fine.
:]
1 comment:
Hey miss! Im sorry your a little sad about everything :( But im glad you quit your job to get some peace in your life, expesically before you move and before your life makes another big change. If you need a buddy to do some touristy stuff im game! haha And if you need help packing or anything im there too :) Don't be shy to ask hun. Well talk to you soon! Just remember it will get better and you will have the life you always dreamed about, just give it some time....
Post a Comment